CCVT Integrated Amplifier, Class A, 80W x 2, with Optional "Phono" or " DAC " Input Stage
* The past few years has seen a growing interest in valve amplifiers from music lovers all around the world. This has been partly due to the clinical harsh sound of some CD players, which can often sound smoother and more musical when played through a valve amplifier. And another key issue is due to Class A amplifiers offer no cross-over distorsions that make music sound sweet, smooth and clean.
* Until the AMC CVT3030's & CVT3100MKII, valve amplifiers have been very expensive and therefore only available to a privileged number of audiophiles. High prices have been due to limited production and the fact that most models are expensively engineered. To add pride of ownership which is great if you can afford the luxury. The AMC CVT3030's & CVT3100MKII, for the first time, brings valve quality sound within the budget of almost every music lover. Designed by Peter Bath, R&D Director of IEEE Group in the UK, a renowned audio engineer and manufactured by the IEEE Group, this remarkable component is the world's most competitively priced valve amplifier. This has only been achieved by using the most advanced and sophisticated designing and manufacturing techniques available.
* The AMC CVT3100MKII has been designed to give superb sound quality and represents outstanding value for money.
* The AMC CVT3100MKII is a hybrid MOS-FET Valve design, capable of giving superb sound reproduction.
* The superb sound reproduction has been created by AMC proprietary designed Class A, extream high dynamic range and excellent noise floor with Cold Cathod amplification topologies.
* The AMC proprietary designed Class A hybrid MOS-FET amplification topologies are accomplished as following :
a. Designed with 1000V MOS-FET using exactly the same as Classical Valve (MOS-FET Valve based on majority current the same as Classical Valve ) Class A amplifications in order to create excellent dynamic range at the same time very accuate and reliable with long life that Classical Valve can't not achieve.
b. MOS-FET Valve Topology will be able to be desined to more accuate in order to have much better sound than Classical Valve as FET Valve has much more consistant and accurate characteristics.
c. MOS-FET Valve can keep the same superb sound quality throughout the much longer life. Classical Valve will keep changing charateristic for worse and worse sound repoduction through the relative short life.
d. The hybrid MOS-FET Valve use output stage with Classical Valve in order to make the Class A amplifier lower cost for making AMC Class A amplifiers can be affordable for all music lover to enjoy instead of only for rich people. With Classical Valve as output atage to take high temperature without huge heatsink in order o cost down. At the same time, it will be ok for output stage to change characteristics as output stage only take care of power portion of Class A amplifier. So, the topology can have much lower cost and much longer life for Classical Valve.
e. So, AMC hybrid MOS-FET valve design can achieve superb sound quality, much longer life time and with much lower price.
* AMC CVT3100MKII is one of the AMC CVT Series with Vacuum Tube topologies designs using the high voltage FET exactly as Vacuum Tubes as FET's and Vacuum Tubes are with the same majority current structure and with the same transfer function but FET does not require flament, so it is much higher efficient with much better accuracy on all respects and with much higher reliabilities.
* For the output stage of AMC CVT3100MKII, AMC designed with Vacuum Tubes as usual for taking advantage of Vacuum Tube characteristics and sound quality will be kept the same good quality during the whole life of the output stage Vacuum Tubes.
* For headphones output, it passes through the Vacuum Tube topology High Voltage FET Tubes pre-amp for delivery Class A vacuum tube sound. And for output stage for headphones, AMC designed with high speed amplifiers with internally phase-compendated gain and 3.0V/uS & fT=10MHz high slew rate with low noise of 1.8uVrms. So, the headphones outputs can drive all types of headphones with various impedances comfortably. As AMC designed headphones outputs with pure resistive, so, the sound quality of headphones will be depending on the characteristics of headphones users will use.
When user is listening music from Headphones outputs using heaphones, user can switch "Direct / Normal / Phones" switch to "Direct" for bypassing Bass & Treble Tone Controls for those music lovers they like to enjoy more pure sound quality. Or switch the switch to "Normal" to activate Bass & Treble Tone Controls for those music lovers like to equalize sound field to fit each rooms accoustic characteristics. When users switch the switch to "Direct" & "Normal" positions, there are music from Speaker terminals simultaneously. When users switch the switch to "Headphones", there will be no music from Speaker terminals and Bass & Treble Tone Controls are activated.
* For "Direct / Normal / Phones" switch, please don't switch it until 5 minutes after turning CVT3100MKII on or you will hear some switching pop sound as CVT3100MKII has been designed with very high voltage and initially will require around 5 minutes for building up the high voltages. As adding extra ccircuits would degrade the sound quality due to longer time constant and AMC developing engineers decided to be without them. So, AMC would like to suggest users to wait for 5 minutes before starting to switch the switch. Then there will be without the pop sound and sound quality will be better.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
* Please refer to User Manual attached below.